Tricolor Panna Cotta
Easy tricolor panna cotta recipe
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 tsp gelatin
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. Pour water into a bowl, add gelatin and mix well. Let rest at least 5 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan bring heavy cream, milk, sugar and salt to a simmer, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat once it simmers.
3. Immediately following, pour into cream mixture and whisk for 30 seconds.
4. Set saucepan over ice bath in large bowl.
5. Stir with a spoon until it is cool to the touch.
6. Add vanilla and stir
7. To make traditional panna cotta, divide mixture in 6 portions and pour in wine glasses or dessert cups.
8. To make a colored combination, divide mixture in 3 mason jars, add the desired amount of food coloring until you get the right shade. Pour in ice tray.
9. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours, better overnight.
10. Serve right in the cups or to unmold run a thin knife around the inside edge of the ramekin then dip the ramekin in hot water for about 5 - 10 seconds
11. Then invert onto dessert plate and tap to help unmold.
12. For plating, add a dollop of mango jam on the plate and spread it in a straight line with a spoon, spread a spoonful of dukkah and place panna cotta cubes on top
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. I would not make any major life decisions based on this.